Samuel D. Pratcher, III
- Founding Partner
- Personal Injury
- Workers Compensation
With over a decade of personal injury and workers' compensation experience, Mr. Pratcher has forged a great reputation as a trial lawyer. Mr. Pratcher has represented 1000s of victims injured in motor vehicle, slip and fall, at work, or medical negligence matters. Mr. Pratcher's desire to obtain just compensation for his clients is one of the things that separates him from other attorneys.
Mr. Pratcher previously worked for a regional defense law firm and represented insurance companies, which makes him aware of the tactics that insurance companies will attempt to use to lessen the value of his client's cases. As a result, Mr. Pratcher is able to advise his clients and get just compensation for their injuries.
Attorney Pratcher has received recognition from his peers as a top personal injury lawyer in the State of Delaware (Delaware Today Magazine, Top Lawyer 2013, 2016, 2019-2021). Attorney Pratcher has gained national recognition from the National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys with his selection as a Top 10 personal injury attorney in Delaware from 2013 - 2022. Super Lawyers selected Mr. Pratcher as a 2017 and 2018 Rising Star in the practice of law for the State of Delaware. No more than 2.5% of Delaware attorneys were selected for that honor. Super Lawyers selected Mr. Pratcher as a top personal injury attorney in 2021 and 2022.
Mr. Pratcher has received the AVVO personal injury client's choice of award from 2019 - 2022.
Mr. Pratcher focuses his law practice on plaintiffs' personal injury, workers' compensation and medical negligence. The attention dedicated to exclusively representing those that have been injured helps him remain up to date on the latest changes in the law and better serve the needs of his clients. With Mr. Pratcher you get a trial attorney that is not afraid to litigate a case to get you the recovery that you deserve.
Mr. Pratcher is admitted to practice in Delaware, New Jersey, and the U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware.
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School, Lansing, Michigan
- J.D. - 05/2009
- Hampton University, Hampton, Virginia
- B.S. - 2005
- Honors: With Honors
- Major: Political Science
- Salesianum High School
- Delaware, 2009
- New Jersey, 2009
- U.S. District Court District of Delaware, 2010
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Randy J. Holland Delaware Workers’ Compensation American Inn of Court
- Delaware State Bar Association, Torts and Insurance Section, Chair, 2013 to Present
- The American Association of Justice, Leaders Forum
- American Bar Association, 2009 to Present
- Delaware Bar Association, Multicultural Judges and Lawyers Section
- Delaware Trial Lawyers Association, Board of Directors, 2015 to Present
- New Jersey Bar Association, 2009 to Present
- The New Moyer Academy, Board of Directors
- DSBA, New Castle County Small Firm & Solo Practitioner Chair, Executive Committee, Vice President, 2016 to 2017
- Delaware Trial Lawyers Association, Minority Caucus Representative to The American Association of Justice
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Delaware State Bar Association, Community Service Award
- Top 40 Under 40, The National Black Lawyers
- Rising Star Award, State of Delaware, Super Lawyers
- Super Lawyers, Super Lawyer (Delaware)
- Delaware’s 40 under 40 Award, Chains, Inc.
- Delaware Top Lawyers - Litigation, Delaware Today Magazine
- Delaware Top Lawyers - Torts and Insurance Practice, Delaware Today Magazine
- Top Personal Injury Lawyer, State of Delaware, Delaware Today Magazine
- Top 10 Attorneys Under the age of 40, National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys
- Client Distinction Award, Martindale-Hubbell
Classes & Seminars
- Faculty Member, National Institute of Trial Advocacy (NITA), 2017 to 2017
- Workers’ Compensation Conference, Ethics, Delaware State Bar Assoc., 05/06/2015 to 05/06/2015
- Workers’ Compensation Conference, The “But For” Causation Standard, Delaware State Bar Assoc., 01/19/2016 to 01/19/2016
- Effective and Ethical Mediation Techniques, The 21st Annual Rubenstein-Walsh Seminar on Ethics and Professionalism, 02/05/2016 to 02/05/2016
- Worker’s Compensation Claim with a Potential Third Party Claim, Delaware State Bar Assoc., 06/11/2016 to 06/11/2016
- Civil Litigation, Delaware Bench and Bar Conference, 06/17/2016 to 06/17/2016
- New Jersey Assoc., for Justice, Litigating Third Party Cases, Boardwalk Seminar, 2021
- Cyber Security in Law Firms and The Pitfalls of Social Media, 2018
- Guardian Ad Litem
- The Honorable Joseph J. Farnan, Jr., U.S. District Court of Delaware, Judicial Extern
- The Honorable Charles H. Toliver, IV, Superior Court of the State of Delaware, Law Clerk
- Delaware Department of Justice, Law Clerk
- Alpha Phi Alpha